Enamel Pin Designer / Writer
I've designed two collections of enamel pins, one aimed at word lovers, writers, and introverts and another celebrating my home state of Mississippi.
I have also been working on memoir-style writing in order to find my voice.
TEKSystems / Web Developer (Contractor)
I was an HTML and CSS developer for our client Pottery Barn Teen.
- Wrote the HTML and CSS for Pottery Barn Teen’s high-traffic landing pages including collaborations with Harry Potter, the NAACP, and Lilly Pulitzer
- Collaborated with designers to figure out the best solutions for technically challenging design requests
- Quickly shifted gears when last-minute changes are made
Zoosk / UI Developer & Technical Lead
As the senior UI developer, I wrote the HTML and CSS for many features on our mobile and desktop apps. I also advised product managers and engineers on UI strategies.
- Developed mixins and CSS patterns to cut dev time and promote UI consistency
- Optimized our code to reduce compile time and increase file efficiency
- Hosted a three-day internal CSS bootcamp
- Won awards in four Zoosk hackathons
- Posted nine articles to our engineering blog (two curated by Medium)
Other Positions Held at Zoosk:
- Interim Revenue Team Manager (November 2015 - January 2016)
- UI Team Manager (April 2015 – August 2015)
Netriplex / Senior Designer & CSS Developer
I coded the CSS for our cloud services customer portal and designed in-house product sheets and digital ads.
TopFloorStudio / Art Director & Web Developer
In this multi-functional role, I served as the company's graphic design and web designer, and I built the HTML and CSS for most of our clients’ websites.
- Served as a project manager for many of our clients
- Created the information architecture for our clients’ websites
- Configured content management systems
- Defined our in-house brand direction
Red Cat Creative / Principal & Creative Director (Freelance)
I provided affordable services to small businesses and not-for-profits, including graphic design, web design, and web development.
- HTML, CSS, Sass, and SCSS
- Web and graphic design
- Responsive UI
- CSS animations
- Web accessibility
- Cross-browser compatibility
- Writing and editing
- Mississippi State University
- Major: Communication with an emphasis in journalism
- Degree: Bachelor of Arts